Hi KM--

The general format for the INSERT goes something like this:

INSERT INTO anytable (columnname) VALUES (NULL);

You technically do not need the newlines ("\n") in your $stmt.

So I guess I'm saying that in the code if you change the $asinteger
assignment to:

$asinteger = "NULL"; /* notice the quotes */

it may work.  This would make the $asinteger PHP variable a string, but
since the SQL would either like to have a numeric value there or the
keyword NULL, that is probably what you want.

Good luck,
Doug