When they click on the link what is happening?  Is it doing a query in the
database for all users with that name?  If so you may want to do a
str_replace('&','\&','customer_name') before your query.  Basically you
just want to add the \ before the ampersand.  I haven't tried this but it
SHOULD work.

Roger