From: AKA Hook [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Sunday, July 15, 2001 1:03 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PHP-DB] PLEASE HELP! Problem with ODBC string insert

I am using an Access DBASE and trying to insert text from a form field.
When I use quotes in my text the code errors out, otherwise it works
fine. I have Magic Quotes turned on which is supposed to fix this
problem but IT DOES NOT!

I have posted in several forums but no one has been able to help me!
Here is my code:
----
--

$NowDate = date("m/d/y");

$DBASE = odbc_connect(mno,admin,admin);
$getnews = odbc_exec($DBASE,
"
INSERT INTO News
       (NewsDate,NewsTitle,NewsText)
    VALUES
    ('$NowDate','$NewsTitle','$NewsText')
"
);

Here is the error when using quotes in the "NewsText" form field:
----
----
Warning: SQL error: [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Syntax
error (missing operator) in query expression ''can\'t use quotes!')'.,
SQL state 37000 in SQLExecDirect in W:\www\clanmno\news_post2.php on
line 22

Thanks in advance...