Ugh!

I'm sure this is fairly simple, but I have yet to come up with a way to do it...

In a nutshell, our application creates, uses and drops a table while the user is
working on the site. Unfortunately, because of "other considerations", we can't use a
defined temp table - it has to be created as a regular table. We have a routine in the
app that will drop the table once the user is done with their work, but if they leave
for some reason before they're done, the table is left hanging out there. This wasn't
a problem at first, but we're building up quite a collection of useless tables right
now.

Is there any way to drop the table automagically when the user leaves prematurely,
either by closing their browser or jumping to another site? I tried using
register_shutdown_function(), but it didn't seem to have any effect...

I think, and I know I may be way off base, is that there are a lot of pages involved
in this application, and I'm not sure how to tell the app that the user is just going
from one page to the next or is actually going bye-bye...

-BD-

http://www.bustdustr.net
http://www.rfbdproductions.com
The Entertainment Center