Theoretically...but if you expect lots of traffic you'd better invest in a
T1+, or at least a DSL line that has at least 1.5Mbit up and down.

-- David Balatero

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2001 2:25 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PHP-DB] Probably a stupid home server question ........

Hi there everyone,

I currently run a unix web server from a company in the UK, i'm getting a
cable modem soonish and was wondering if I can run a server from home rather
than hiring one as I am now?  If so what will I need?  I have Windows 2000
with php, mysql, mssql etc ..... and redhat linux 6.2 with the same - would
it be possible to set it up from home bearing in mind my website will be the
only site hosted on it?

Thanks for any help, it's appreciated.

Chris Payne
www.planetoxygene.com