At 02:08 PM 7/19/01 -0500, Wilmar Pérez wrote:
>Hi guys
>
>I've got a form in my web site which is working just fine, that is, it does
>everything I want, however whenever I load the page I get the following
>warning messages:

>Warning: Unable to open '' for reading: No such file or directory in
>/home/thesis/public_html/thesis/php_pages/InputTesis2.php on line 137

Without seeing you code ...

It appears as if you are passing the name of a file to a variable, but that
is not getting assigned, hence the empty pair of quotes. Of course, because
that failed and you don't have a file handle the other errors follow. Same
thing for line 144.

How to avoid? Test for content in the variable you are passing before
executing the line.

Also, there is the "Is there gas in the tank?" test. Does the file you
expect to open exist where you think it does? Does it have permissions
which allow the web server to read it?

Hope this get's you on the right track.

Cheers - Miles Thompson