Hi Chris,

I think you are onto something here..  However, this has produced another problem.

Boget, Chris wrote:

>  > UPDATE
>  > WLPbib, WLPpublisher,WLPprofile,WLPbib2profile
> I think you can only update one table at a time...
> I could be wrong, though...

I seperated this out into 3 update commands.  However, the WHERE statement is hanging
now:

        Database error:
        Invalid SQL:
        UPDATE
        WLPpublisher
        SET
        WLPpublisher.publisherID = ''
        WHERE
        WLPbib.bibID = '32' AND
        WLPbib.publisherID =  WLPpublisher.publisherID
        MySQL Error: 1109 (Unknown table 'WLPbib' in where clause)
        Please contact the webmaster and report the exact error message.
        Session halted.

I can understand that MySQL is getting a bit upset because I am referring to
fields like WLPbib.bibID when the table hasn't been specifically referenced in
the query.

So how how do I work bibID (which isn't defined in WLPpublisher) into the
following query:

$q = "
UPDATE
WLPpublisher
SET
WLPpublisher.publisherID = '$ary[publisherID]'
WHERE
WLPbib.bibID = '$ary[bibID]' AND
WLPbib.publisherID = WLPpublisher.publisherID";

I'm going to run into a similar problem in the next query:

$q = "
UPDATE
WLPprofile
SET
WLPprofile.firstName = '$ary[firstName]',
WLPprofile.middleName = '$ary[middleName]',
WLPprofile.lastName = '$ary[lastName]'
WHERE
bibID = '$ary[bibID]' AND
WLPbib2profile.bibID = WLPbib.bibID AND
WLPbib2profile.profileID = WLPbib.profileID";

so any sugestions to get over this next hurdle would be great.

Mike
--
Mike Gifford, OpenConcept Consulting, http://openconcept.ca
Offering everything your organization needs for an effective web site.