From: sg [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Sunday, 29 July 2001 9:40 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [PHP-DB] MySQL newbie: inserting new entry to table?

Thank You Howard!

You sure are quick!

I found a way to make it work. I used to have both scripts (the one that
displays and the one that inserts new entries) on the same page...
Once I separated them I had a link on a third page. I first clicked on the
insert entry link then back to the display page... My new entry was there...

Now for the solution you gave me. I haven't tried it yet but I'd like to
know the difference.
I see you don't provide the database name in the mysql_query call. How does
MySQL know what base to work with?
I've seen both 'mysql_query' and 'mysql_db_query' in several tutorials but
haven't yet figured the difference between them (told you a was a newbie...)

Thanks again for your interest, I thought everybody would be on holidays...

Sébastien