You have to compile PHP with Oracle option first and then try connecting
to any Oracle backend.
If you already have done that, you should use the 'oci' family of calls
instead of the 'oracle' ones, unless you are trying to access an Oracle
older than version 8. In your mail you state that you use OCI. Maybe
that's the reason of the err msg.
-Stathis.