Hi !

There are some confusion for me. Could you help me ?
Suppose I write a program by php and connect the postgresql database through web page.
 If I use the providing API from PHP connect to postgresql database,  like that

==> $connection  = pg_connect("$constr user='$USER' password='$PW'");

Actually It should be closed the connection after access finished, like that

==> pg_close($connection);

But if the user force to close the web page that means have not close the connection.
I want to ask the connection will be closed by Apache Server automatic ? or when user
closed the web page the connection will be closed at the same time ? If the connection
have not been closed automatic. So the Apache Server will keep the connect port
forever ?
Actually the connection port handle by Apache Server or PHP ?

PHP 4.0.3pl1
PostgresSQL 7.0.3
Apache Server 1.3.14
Linux Redhat 6.2