How, code wise do I retreive the session data from the session id. Also,
another response below said HTTP_REFERRER is not secure. So how do people
who use this type of payment gateway secure the script it redirects to. All
of the data it sends is form data, so once somebody new what script it
redirects to, and what form data it posts, it would be quite easy for them
to authorize their own charges in my opinion.

I think the more I think about this, the POST/REDIRECT type of gateway is
pretty hooky. I would like someones input who actually uses this type of
gateway and how it is secured and how they maintain their sessions that
correlate to that broswer.

I think I just need to find a company with more reasonable rates that allow
direct socket authorization. Any recommendations on that?