I donīt know what your class does ... but normally queries work like this:

open database

$qresult = query("select blah",$link_id);

// Now, in $qresult is a number with which you can go through your resultset
// For Example:
while ( $Recordset = ezi_fetch_array($qresult) ) {
        print $Recordset["ColumnName"];
}

close database

Hope I am right (because I donīt know your class ...)