Nothing comes to mind that isn't a bit of a "hack" really.  You could try
seperating the data with delimiters before putting it in, then splitting
the data back up into an array at query time.

You could setup some tables, one called 'arrays' and one called
'array_values".

Arrays would pretty much be one column -- just the id.  Array_values would
be 4 columns (3 if order doesn't matter) with: array_value_id, array_id,
value, sequence (optional).

However, I should probably note last I knew PostgreSQL supports the
insertion of arrays into a record natively... though I have never
personally used it.

Justin Buist
Trident Technology, Inc.
4700 60th St. SW, Suite 102