I am having a problem with UPDATE queries with MySQL. Insert, Delete, etc
work fine. I have checked the query statement and it works fine directly
with MySQL just not in a PHP script. An example function is;

        function update_gname($gid, $new_name){
          $query = "UPDATE Groups SET GName=$new_name WHERE GID=$gid";
          $result = mysql_query($query)
              or die("error: update_gname()");
          return $result;
        }

I am using MySQL version 3.22.32 and PHP4.0.3pl1 as a module in Apache1.3.14
with Linux2..2.13.

Thanks,

Malcolm