Dear all
I had a form which ask user to input the Staff Number to be as part of the
query, but when i execute it, it seems not working at all

here is what i wrote in php
The user input box is : $StaffNum

$query="select name,department,Leave_From,Leave_To,Leave_Total,Reason from
leaverequest where Staff_Number="<?print("$StaffNum");?>" and authorized is
null";

But said there is error on this line, which is what i expected!!

So could anyone pls tell me how i can get the varaible into part of the
Query of Mysql?

Thx
jack
[EMAIL PROTECTED]