Hi,

I have a perfectly fine piece of code that takes a form input and stores it
as a CLOB, but when I try to store it in an NCLOB with the same piece of
code I get an error:

Warning: OCILobWrite: ORA-24806: LOB form mismatch in
c:\apache\htdocs\working_clob.php on line 24

$sql = "insert into jtest values (1,empty_clob(),empty_clob()) returning b
into :b";
$stmt = OCIParse($connected, $sql);
$clob = OCINewDescriptor($connected, OCI_D_LOB);
OCIBindByName ($stmt, ":b", &$clob, -1, OCI_B_CLOB);
OCIExecute($stmt, OCI_DEFAULT);
$clob->save ($HTTP_POST_VARS["bigtext"]);   // this is line 24
OCICommit($connected);
OCIFreeDescriptor($clob);
OCIFreeStatement($stmt);

At a guess I need to use the multibyte string functions but there seems to
be a big old lack of examples :-/
The following seems to have zero effect:

mb_internal_encoding()="UTF-8";
$interenc = mb_internal_encoding();
$inputenc = mb_convert_variables($interenc, "ASCII,UTF-8,SJIS-win",
$HTTP_POST_VARS["bigtext"]);

Anyone know how I set this up?  System is php 4.06, Apache 1.3.20 and W2K.

Thanks,
J.