Hello all ...

I'm having a problem uploading large files (3MBytes for examples)
and inserting it onto a MySQL database. No problem with smaller files.

The code is basically this:

$data = addslashes(fread(fopen($form_data, "rb"), filesize($form_data)));
$result=MYSQL_QUERY("INSERT INTO file2download
(description,bin_data,filename,filesize,filetype, filecompany) ".
_type', '$empresa')");
if (mysql_errno() != 0) echo mysql_error();
$id= mysql_insert_id();

When the files are the mentioned size (I checked the whole file got there on
I get an error message along these lines: 'MySQL Server moved away' and the
fid is 0.

Any ideas?
Is there any limitation on the size of the 'insert into' string? If so, how
can I store
such a big data chunk on the database?

And please, answer directly by email as well to me. Sometimes it is
difficult to find
a message among the ones that we get each day!

Thanks for your support,
Joćo Barreto - Convex Portugal