I'm running IIS 5.0 on a Win2k pro. Machine using PHP 4.0.6

I want to enable support for MSSQL 2000 but I can't get the extension
directory path to work properly.
Right now, I've copied php_mssql.dll in "c:\php\extension_dir" and "c:\php"
and also in "c:\WINNT\system"

I have the line in php.ini set to :  "extension_dir = "c:\php"  I've also
used "c:\php\extension_dir" as well as "c:\WINNT\system" as well as
"c:\%systemroot%/system"

I have no idea what else to try to get it to find the dll file, but I always
get the same response: "Unable to load dynamic library
'C\WINNT\system\php_mssql.dll' - The specified module could not be found."

I appreciate any help in this, thanks in advance.

-Rob