I'm trying to create a web-based interface that will allow me to save
essays to a mySQL database for display on a website.  The problem is
that it may include HTML in it, so I need to preserve double-quotes in
their original context.  Right now, they are not encoding correctly for
some reason.  An HTML link, for example, to http://www.yahoo.com would
come out as this:

http://localhost/"http://www.yahoo.com";

addslashes() accomplished nothing, and I'm at a loss.  Any ideas?

Thanks.

Later...

                                        -Ari