depends on how you are entering data...

if through a client, then you have to format it as MYSQL wants it.

if you're going through PHP (afterall, this is a PHP DB list...  ;-)),
then accept it anyway you wanna, through a form on a web page, then your
script will handle the convertion on how MYSQL wants it...

and yes, the date thing going from PHP to MYSQL and visa versa was a
toughie for me to grasp.  then i read a chapter on a book that made
sense...

--
Leo G. Divinagracia III
[EMAIL PROTECTED]