Hi !

I need to access my MS-SQL-Sever V7.0. In a lot of messages I the extension
php_mssql70.dll is mentioned, but the latest release of php is shipped with
php_mssql.dll instead. Is that okay ?

The use of the mssql_open() function fails every time and my firewall log
doesn't show any access at all on port 1433 (neither a deny not an allow).
How does the mssql_open() function tries to establish the link ? Via TCP/IP
on port 1433 ? Do I have to add the port information to the hostname by
myself ?

I really would appreciate any help or hint on this topic.

Thorsten Hock
([EMAIL PROTECTED])