I would suggest checking out the classes at
http://phpclasses.upperdesign.com/browse.html
I've used the mysql_recordset class that is part of the mysql_db
package. It has the basic methods similar to ADO. I found it to be very
functional if you're using mysql. There are other classes there as well
that aren't necessarily mysql oriented. I haven't tried any of those myself.