>Is there anyway to do this without popping up a standard basic authentication form
>box?
Sure! Are you making use of a databsae for this? MySQL per chance?
If so I may be able to help you out..

* Simply query the fields: 'username' 'password' 'domain' from a DB table called:
'users'
* SELECT these on the basis that the data in the DB reflects thatwhich was inputed via
login form
* If they details exist - login
* If not refuse

Cheers
Russ.

On Wed, 24 Oct 2001 09:33:21 -0400 Ryan Marrs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm attempting to do basic authentication through PHP and am having little
> success.  I have a login screen which requests a username and password, and
> I need to have that check against a Windows domain.  IE:
>
> Domain:  ALPHA
> Login:  testusername
> Password: TestPassword
>
> <SUBMIT>
>
> Then PHP needs to check against the ALPHA domain if the username and
> password is correct.  Is there anyway to do this without popping up a
> standard basic authentication form box?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Ryan

  "Believe nothing - consider everything"

  Russ Michell
  Anglia Polytechnic University Webteam
  Room 1C 'The Eastings' East Road, Cambridge

  e: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  w: www.apu.ac.uk/webteam

  www.theruss.com