>Of course, it works perfectly fine on my home computer, so I guess it musthave
>something to do
>with the configuration of PHP (or, possibly, MySQL?)

How do you connect to MySQl from home?
It sounds as if the user trying to connect to MySQL doesn't have the right privileges
to connect
top the server.

Make sure the 'username' @lsh101.siteprotect.com has been granted all the right
privileges on the
desired database:

GRANT SELECT,INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE
ON mydb.*
TO username@localhost (or [EMAIL PROTECTED])
IDENTIFIED BY 'your_password';
FLUSH PRIVILIGES;

HTH.
Russ

On Fri, 26 Oct 2001 04:48:56 -0400 Kirill Safarov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I cannot connect to MySQL database located at the webhost.  The command:
> $link = mysql_connect('hostname:3306','username','password') or die ("Could
> not connect");
> (with the proper hostname of course) returns this error message:
> MySQL Connection Failed: Access denied for user:
> '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' (Using password: YES)
>
> Of course, it works perfectly fine on my home computer, so I guess it must
> have something to do with the configuration of PHP (or, possibly, MySQL?)
>
> Can anyone tell me what's going on?
>
> Thanks,
> Kirill :)

  "Believe nothing - consider everything"

  Russ Michell
  Anglia Polytechnic University Webteam
  Room 1C 'The Eastings' East Road, Cambridge

  e: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  w: www.apu.ac.uk/webteam

  www.theruss.com