This means that PostgreSQL support was NOT compiled into PHP.  Therefore,
you cannot use PostgreSQL commands.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rodolfo Napoles [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2001 2:17 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PHP-DB] Fatal error: Call to undefined function: pg_connect()
in ...

Hello,

I am trying to run my first php script to connect to a PostgreSQL
database on a Linux box with apache web server.

When I try to load the page with the browser i get the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: pg_connect() in
/dirname/tryit.php on line 9

I was able to create tables on the database via the webadmin tool, so I
know that postgres is running properly.

Here is my code.

<head>
<title>TESTING PHP4 with PG</title>
</head>
an apache webserver on Linux Mandrake 8.0</strong></p>
<?php
   $conn = pg_connect("host=localhost dbname=databasename");
   if (! $conn) { ?>
administrator </p> <?php
      }
   else