Nice to see someone else is up!

Most times I print result sets as given

is

inside a

do

echo"$row[fieldname]

while loop

but when putting html with it ie. building a table tr td td td td tr
etc...etc.....
you have to close rows before starting new cells

data is then shown

fieldname1                   fieldname2
data_for_row1         data_for_row1
data_for_row2         data_for_row2

what i would like to do is transpose data so as to write as shown like this

fieldname1  data_for_row1         data_for_row2
fieldname2  data_for_row1         data_for_row2

I think a for while do loop would work with ++ inexing but u lose the field
calling ability

any ideas??

or is it just 12.40am here in the UK

Cheers