Unless you show us the offending source code indicated by the error message,
we can't help

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2001 12:31 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PHP-DB] parse/fatal errors

Hi,

I'm trying to get a BBS <http://phpboard.thelinuxcommunity.org/>
running on our intranet and I'm experiencing a lot of difficulty.

I'm running FreeBSD 4.4 with current versions of MySQL and
Apache + php4

I followed the INSTALL instructions for phpBoard and they
seemed fairly simple but when I point a browser to the BBS
directory, I get the following:

Parse error: parse error, expecting `T_VARIABLE' or `'$'' in
/usr/local/share/doc/apache/phpboard/config_inc.php3 on line 178
(Line 178 is $user_table_name = 'users';)

Fatal error: Failed opening required 'sql_inc.php3' (include_path
='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /usr/local/share/doc/apache/phpboard/index.php
on line 24
(Line 24 is    require $inc_dir . "sql_inc.php3";)

phpBoard includes a perl script that you can use to change your
scripts extensions.  So, if your extensions are .php, you can change
them to .html, .php3 or even .phtml

When I convert everything to .phtml and point a browser at
the BBS directory, it lists the file contents of the directory.

Can anybody help?

Thanks

Joe

 Joe Warner | Sr. Operations Technical Analyst | Siemens Health Services |
 215 N. Admiral Byrd Road | Salt Lake City, UT 84116  | Ph: 801-539-4978 |
                  Fax: 801-533-8004 | [EMAIL PROTECTED]

---

Health Services Corporation and are intended only for the addressee(s).
otherwise confidential information.  Unauthorized review, forwarding,
printing,
copying, distributing, or using such information is strictly prohibited and
may
be unlawful.  If you received this message in error, or have reason to
believe
you are not authorized to receive it, please promptly delete this message
and
notify the sender by e-mail with a copy to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Thank you