I mostly agree, although I prefer PostgreSQL for the transactions,
better row locking, and server side cursors.  It also does better with
lotsa users (if the data isn't just used for the web, this is
important).  I have used many languages for this stuff, and the one with
the best balance of functionality, extensibility, and ease of use is PHP
(I have used CF, ASP, Miva/HTMLScript, PERL, C, COBOL, Shell also)

BTW, COBOL on the web is weird.  ASP is the worst of them all.

Sheridan Saint-Michel wrote:

>I use PHP/MySQL for a few reasons.

<snip></snip>