Miguel:

1). Are you trying to connect an MS Access database to a MySQL database?
2). Are the databases and servers both/individually remote or local?

See if: http://gertrude.anglia.ac.uk/webteam/tips/php_sql/odbc.htm helps you any.

Good luck.
Russ

On Tue, 20 Nov 2001 12:35:29 +0000 Miguel Loureiro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello all,
> I'm working with 2 different systems ( php/mysql in Winnt and php/mysql
> in linux machine), and I would like from WinNt machine consult
> information in linux machine !!!
> When I make connection i got no problem(since in linux machine had
> created an user to acess a database like username@% ...), but when I
> made a simple select I got an error message :"impossible to execute
> select ....".
> My question is , is it really impossible to do that (from winnt access
> linux/mysql database )???
> I think not, because if it was impossible I never access
> database,wright???
> Any ideas about that would help.
> Thanhs for your time
>

> --
> Best Regards
> Miguel Joaquim Rodrigues Loureiro

  "Believe nothing - consider everything"

  Russ Michell
  Anglia Polytechnic University Webteam
  Room 1C 'The Eastings' East Road, Cambridge

  e: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  w: www.apu.ac.uk/webteam

  www.theruss.com