> From: Chris Newbill [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]

> >snip... (been doing VBScript on ASP for several years, tho).
>
> I feel sorry for you. :)

;) Never fear. It works, does what it needs to do (so long as it's properly patched ;)
and
I make a fist-full of money for moon-lighting. Can't complain too loudly, eh?

> >If you're going to store it as an integer, why not store "10/24/2001"
> >as YYYYMMDD
> A better way to do integer date is a UNIX timestamp.  This will sort just as
> easy as the method above.
>
> By looking at the date() function you should be able to see immediately the
> benefit in ease-of-use (not to mention portability in the DB) and formating
> options available for the timestamp.
>
> http://www.php.net/date
>
> -Chris

Don't get me wrong.. I'm quite comfortable with manipulating dates (well.. as far as M$
goes), and I fully intend to continue using DATE fields and functions to handle my date
needs. I'm too lazy to re-invent the wheel.

The crux of my question was aimed only at those who didn't want to use DATE fields and
would rather use int fields instead. I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing some cool
feature of PHP.  ..and the feedback I'm getting indicates that my general
understanding of
dates in ASP is not too different with PHP.

TIM
-Things are more like they are today than they ever have been before.