On Fri, 23 Nov 2001 14:04:00 -0600
Terry Romine Terry Romine <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I seem to have run into a strange bug where when I enter text
> through a
> form, and use the nl2br call in PHP, instead of getting "<BR>" I
> get
> "<BR />" and then my parsing fails on the display side (where I
> use
> ereg_replace("<br>","", $string) to clean up the breaks.

I believe that is not a "bug", but instead is the HTML 4.01 and
XHTML 1.0 spec which says that all tags, including empty elements,
must be closed.

Perhaps you might change your "ereg_replace()" to look for
either/both types of tags?

--
Raquel
Little progress can be made by merely attempting to repress what is