It sounds to me like what you're trying to do is APPEND data from three
similarly structured tables into one entity ordered by a column common
to all 3 tables called "datestamp". If I'm mistaken, then please ignore
all of the following:

Approach #1 (mysql)
Create a temporary table with the columns you need to process, indexed
by "datestamp", and append the data from the 3 tables-- then query the
temp table.

Approach #2 (php)
Create an associative array (hash table) in php then append the data
from the 3 tables, order as desired, and process.

Which you choose would depend on which you find simpler-- the mysql
approach would probably take a more time, but be easier to reuse on
successive pages.

ib