Very interesting. I didn't know you could use SET with an INSERT. I tried this on MySQL
and it worked. Dunno if it's standard SQL, but it didn't work on MSAccess and MS
SQLServer
(the only other DBs I have at hand to test it with). I wonder what other DBs it works
on,
because you could be painting yourself into a corner if you had to move to another
platform.

TIM
-What if the Hokey-Pokey really is what it's all about?