Yeah, I did look at the manual page, that was how I got the error_log()
function working. What I couldn't work out though was how to get the php
errors into the log. At the moment I use the error_log() to log some of my
scripts variables to an error.txt file. I also couldn't see a way of
preventing the php errors from appearing in the broswer window.

I'll take a look at the ob_start and ob_end_clean though,thanks.