Hi Markus

I assume you're using Apache with PHP installed as a DSO?  If not ignore my
ramblings...

AFAIK, the persistent connections are per-process - i.e. each Apache process
gets its own [set of] persistent processes.

But when you connect to apache, you rarely get the same process as you got
last time, so a few connections like that, and you end up creating a few
persistent connections, one for each Apache process you hit.

The benefits only become important when you increase the load...

--
Shane