From: Robert Weeks [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, December 21, 2001 11:27 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PHP-DB] Hashes

I'm trying to use a hash to translate a value into something human
readable. I know how to do this with an if-else but that seems like a
waste of typing.

I have a bunch of items in the db and their values are abbreciations
such as 'm_r'. I want m_r to show on the page as "Mens Rings". I was
trying to do it like this but echo $item returned "Array":
<?php

#query db and get a result snipped

$item = $row[item];

$item = array('Mens Ring' => m_r, 'Mens Charm' => m_c, 'Womens Ring' =>
w_r,'Womens Charm' => w_c);

echo $item;

?>

Any help would be appreciated.