George,

You can use the date() function in PHP to change the format:
http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.date.php

Or you can format it with odbc date syntax in your query { d 'YYYY-MM-DD' }

Best regards,
Andrew Hill
Director of Technology Evangelism
OpenLink Software  http://www.openlinksw.com
Universal Data Access & Data Integration Technology Providers