Hi all:
AFAIK, it is possible in a bunch of database software to query multiple DBs
through joining. I have a Foxpro background (so most of what I say is therefore,
b.s.) but you can define your query tables using this notation:

database.table

Which allows you to query multiple DBs.

You should be able to do this (using joins) in MySQL. However, I don't know how
off the top of my head. That might be more of a MySQL-list-geek type of question.

Cheers,
db

markus|lervik wrote:

> Didn't notice that this didn't get cc:d to the list, so here it hoes.

> Subject: Re: [PHP-DB] How to querry two db in a single statement?
> Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 15:58:35 +0200
> From: markus|lervik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: "Andy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> On Friday 04 January 2002 15:50, you wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I would like to make a querry on 2 db. There is info in tables I would like
> > to compare.
> >
> > As I know, there has first to be a conect on the db before the querry. But
> > how to do this on 2 db??
>
> As far as I know there aren't any relational databases that support querying
> multiple databases in one query.
> I guess you'd be best off querying the first database, save the result, query
> the second database, save the result and then compare the two results.
>
> Please do correct me if I'm wrong, people.
>
> Cheers,
> Markus

> Markus Lervik
> Linux-administrator with a kungfoo grip