I'm new to PHP, and I have a question regarding the storage of connection
properties to the database. I have a site on a shared (Unix) server. I'm
adding some PHP to a section which will be database-driven. I'm concerned
about storing the username and password to my database (some of the data
contained within this database is sensitive) in my PHP files which are
readable by the webserver, and thus by anyone on the system.

Is there a recommended strategy for keeping my database username and
password in a secure location so that no other user can access the files?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much,

Patrick

---| patrick gibson |---------------+