Morten,

What's your level of knowledge of both databases and PHP?  Please have a
look at the Introductory Tutorial (Link at the top left of www.php.net). At
the end of that tutorial, which is admittedly rudimentary, there are links
to more advanced ones, including ones specifically for user authentication.

Regards - Miles Thompson