On Saturday 26 January 2002 13:19, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've been experimenting with adding decimal columns. From the mysql docs I
> got this SELECT sum(value) FROM pets;
>
> So I did this  $result = mysql_query("SELECT sum(value) FROM pets",$db);
>                         $myrow = mysql_fetch_array($result);
>         print "$myrow[value]";
> I also tried $myrow[sum].
>
> How can I get the sum displayed?

Try:

  $result = mysql_query("SELECT sum(value) AS Total FROM pets",$db);
  $myrow = mysql_fetch_array($result);
  print "$myrow[Total]";

"Total" can be anything you want. You can use it to alias a column name:

 SELECT a_column_with_a_very_long_name AS short_name FROM ...

/*
Lonely is a man without love.
                -- Englebert Humperdinck
*/