So all I would need to do is create a file named db_connection.php3 and put
in the functions $db = mysql_connection("localhost","username","password")
or die("could not connect");
and then put an include statement on the top of each page that needs the db
connectiong?  Please correct me if I am wrong, I have never really used
class files for my own scripts before.
Thanks again.