I would like to know how to have a php script loop through two different sql
statements and use one according to a yes or no answer.  I am still kinda
new to php and I already have my sql statements, but I dont know how to use
php to tell it to use one of the other.  My sql statements are as follows...

$sql = "INSERT INTO $table_name
(our_serv)
VALUES
(\"$our_serv\")
";

$sql = "UPDATE $table_name SET our_serv=\"$our_serv\"";

 How can I get it to pick one of these... for instance if there is no entry
in the unique table to enter one using the first sql statement, or if there
is already an entry to simply update and overwrite the current table entry.
Any help would be appriciated and if you could please document it so I
understand and dont have to ask again.  Thanks,
jas

WOW, your neat....