Jerry,

I believe it's the sqllib dir, but you can try the other or experiment with
just /home/db2inst1/sqllib
If created by the DB2 client installer, try applying the environment
variables script: . /home/db2inst1/sqllib/db2profile

Best regards,
Andrew Hill
Director of Technology Evangelism
OpenLink Software  http://www.openlinksw.com
Universal Data Access & Data Integration Technology Providers