Mike is using MYSQL's REGEX; he's looking for a case-insensitive MYSQL
function function similar to PHP's eregi().

-----Original Message-----
From: Lerp [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2002 1:26 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PHP-DB] Re: Simple Search Function

Hi there, you might want to take a look at the eregi function for
case-insensitive pattern matching.
Joe :)

"Mike De Libero" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
001f01c1af1c$4d7dce00$6901a8c0@slugo">news:001f01c1af1c$4d7dce00$6901a8c0@slugo...
Hi guys,

    I was wondering what the best way would be for me to do a search.  The
users have 2 options for tables and either can do keyword or exact matching.
Right now I'm using REGEXP to do the work of the searching, only problem is
that it is case sensitive.  We are currently running MySQL 2.23.32 and have
php 4 installed.  I'm using the search with 5 different fields/columns in
one table and 2 fields/columsn in another.  Thanks for you help.

    TIA,
    Mike