Here is the code I have tried... but no luck

<?
include "variables.php";
$delimiter = ",";

$connection = @mysql_connect($databaseserver, $databaseuser, $databasepass)
or die ("could not connect to database");
$db = @mysql_select_db($databasename, $connection) or die("Could not select
database");
$sql = "SELECT id, FirstName, LastName, ResumeUp FROM $canidatetable";
$result = mysql_query($sql, $connection) or die("Couldn't execute query");

while ($row = mysql_fetch_array($result))
   {
    $id = $row['id'];

    $FirstName = $row['FirstName'];

    $LastName = $row['LastName'];

    $filename = $row['ResumeUp'];

    $fd =
fopen("/home/sites/madden.williamsen.net/web/recruiter/resumes/$filename","r
");

    $contents = fread($fd, filesize($filename));

   $keywords = explode( $delimiter, $words );

   for ($i=0; $i < count($keywords); $i++) {

   $kw = $keywords[$i];

     if( eregi($kw, $contents) ) {

        echo "The Words <b>$kw</b> has been found in the resume of

        <ol><li>$LastName, $FirstName <a
href=\"http://madden.williamsen.net/recruiter/resumes/$filename\";>Resume</a>
    }
    else {
        echo "The keyword $kw was not found in the resume
$filename<br>";
    }
  }

fclose($fd);