what is the error message you get?
do you print otu mysql_error() ?

-----Original Message-----
From: George Pitcher [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, February 18, 2002 9:42 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [PHP-DB] Problem connecting to db on Linux

Greg, et al,

Now the re-installation is complete, I am getting past the original error --
only to hit another.

My query is as follows (echoed to web page):

SELECT DISTINCT Nickname, HEI_ID FROM customers WHERE Nickname <> '' ORDER
BY Nickname

I have checked case against db an it is correct. Am I missing something else
which is obvious?

George