From: Vlad A. Chernikhoff [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, February 18, 2002 11:10 PM
Subject: [PHP-DB] How to make logout from database server (ORACLE for
example) when user closes its session

Hi all
Is it possible to track such situations when http user closes connection to
HTTP server to close opened persistent connections to the database? This
connections is still active all the time (if using php not as CGI but as
module for Apache) and when user trying to login next time PHP uses
previously opened (by OCIPLogin for example) persistent connection (the same
connection resource) - but this connection may be broken from the server
side if its idle time is too long. So I found only way to restart my Apache
+ modphp from time to time. :(

Thanks, Vlad

PHP Database Mailing List (
To unsubscribe, visit: