I wish I could get this to work... it has not been able to work at all.  I
made the changes you have suggested and tried different variations
concerning the results items and so far no dice.
Here is my delete sql statement as of right now...

<?php
require '../scripts/db.php';
$table_name = "cur_inv";
$sql = "DELETE FROM $table_name WHERE $id = 'id'";
$result = @mysql_query("$sql, $dbh") or die("Could not execute query, please
try again later");
?>

I keep getting an error on the result portion, I have double, and triple
checked my table names, my db connection (which has error checking on it so
I know I am connecting fine).  I am wondering would it be beneficial to
actually put a select statement in for the database table?  I would think
declaring the variable would work fine.  In any event I also changed the
checkbox name to id to match the variable in the delete statement.  For
readability sake here is the form code as well....

<?php
require '../scripts/db.php';
$result = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM cur_inv",$dbh) or die("Could not
execute query, please try again later");
echo "<table border=\"0\" class=\"table-body\" width=\"100%\"><form
name=\"rem_inv\" method=\"post\" action=\"done2.php3\">
<tr><td align=\"center\" colspan=\"3\"><font size=\"4\"><B>Current
Inventory</B></font><hr color=\"333333\"></td></tr>";
$count = -1;
while ($myrow = mysql_fetch_row($result)) {
$count ++;
echo "<tr><td width=\"30%\"><B>Type Of Car: </B></td><td>";
printf(mysql_result($result,$count,"car_type"));
echo "</td><td><input type=\"checkbox\" name=\"id\"
value=\"".$myrow[id]."\">remove</td>
</tr>\n";
echo "rest of table and cell output";
}
echo "<tr><td><input type=\"submit\" name=\"delete\"
value=\"delete\"></td></tr></form></table>";
?>

"Gurhan Ozen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> Jas,
> You still have cars as your checkbox name.. change it to id..
> and make sure that you assign $table_name to the table name you want to
> delete from in your done2.php3 file..
>
> Gurhan
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: jas [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
> Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2002 3:28 AM
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: [PHP-DB] Errors Deleting...
>
>
> Can someone tell me how I can find out why I am getting errors executing
> queries when I try to delete items from a table?  I have 2 files...
> file 1. - Queries database, displays results with option to delete record
> using a check box, code is as follows...
> <?php
> require '../scripts/db.php';
> $result = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM cur_inv",$dbh) or die("Could not
> execute query, please try again later");
> echo "<table border=\"0\" class=\"table-body\" width=\"100%\"><form
> name=\"rem_inv\" method=\"post\" action=\"done2.php3\">
> <tr><td align=\"center\" colspan=\"3\"><font size=\"4\"><B>Current
> Inventory</B></font><hr color=\"333333\"></td></tr>";
> $count = -1;
> while ($myrow = mysql_fetch_row($result)) {
> $count ++;
> echo "<tr><td width=\"30%\"><B>Type Of Car: </B></td><td>";
> printf(mysql_result($result,$count,"car_type"));
> echo "</td><td><input type=\"checkbox\" name=\"cars\"
> value=\"".$myrow[id]."\">remove</td>
> </tr>\n";
> echo "<tr><td width=\"30%\"><B>Model Of Car: </B></td><td>";
> printf(mysql_result($result,$count,"car_model"));
> echo "</td></tr>\n";
> echo "<tr><td width=\"30%\"><B>Year Of Car: </B></td><td>";
> printf(mysql_result($result,$count,"car_year"));
> echo "</td></tr>\n";
> echo "<tr><td width=\"30%\"><B>Price Of Car: </B></td><td>$";
> printf(mysql_result($result,$count,"car_price"));
> echo "</td></tr>\n";
> echo "<tr><td width=\"30%\"><B>VIN Of Car: </B></td><td>";
> printf(mysql_result($result,$count,"car_vin"));
> echo "</td></tr><tr><td colspan=\"3\"><hr color=\"333333\"></td></tr>\n";
> }
> echo "<tr><td><input type=\"submit\" name=\"delete\"
> value=\"delete\"></td></tr></form></table>";
> ?>
> file 2. - takes variable of checkbox and then queries db trying to delete
> any record based on the id.  code is as follows...
> <?php
> require '../scripts/db.php';
> $table_name = "cur_inv";
> $sql = @mysql_query("DELETE FROM $table_name WHERE $id = 'id'",$dbh) or
> die("Could not execute query, please try again later");
> print("changes made");
> ?>
> I have been trying everything under the sun and cannot get this to work.
> please help.
> Jas
>
>
>
>
>
> --
> PHP Database Mailing List (http://www.php.net/)
> To unsubscribe, visit: http://www.php.net/unsub.php
>



-- 
PHP Database Mailing List (http://www.php.net/)
To unsubscribe, visit: http://www.php.net/unsub.php

Reply via email to