Ok now that I can see the error message how can I fix it... the syntax looks
correct and the error I am recieving is as follows....

You have an error in your SQL syntax near '= 'id'' at line 1

And this is my statement,
$sql = mysql_query("DELETE FROM $table_name WHERE $id = 'id'",$dbh) or
die(mysql_error());
Is there anywhere on php.net or mysql.org that give exact error meanings?
Thanks again,
Jas